Jurnal Sains dan Informatika (JSI) were registered number p-ISSN: 2460-173X (printed) and e-ISSN: 2598-5841 (online), is a peer-reviewed journal which publishes conceptual ideas, studies and research on the theory and application of Software Engineering, Web Programming, Computer Network and Database, Mobile Computing, Image Processing, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelegence, Data Mining and Decision Support System. JSI is published by Pusat Penelitian dan Pengabdian kepada Masyarakat Politeknik Negeri Tanah Laut and managed by Jurusan Teknik Informatika Politeknik Negeri Tanah Laut. Abstracts and full text that have been published on the website can be read and downloaded for free. JSI publish regularly two times a year in June and November. JSI is indexed by Google Scolar, GARUDA, Indonesia One Search, ISJD, Crossref and Dimensions.
2. Writing Title, Name and Address of Author Affiliation.
The title of article is writed on top of the first page with center alignment. Authors name (without academic titles), email and affiliation must be written. Keywords are arranged alphabetically between two to five words.
Main author’s name is written at the beginning followed by the second, third, and so on. Articles revision and final decisions are informed by application and email only to contributing authors. The author's name cannot be abbreviated. If there is more than one author, then the second author's name is written after the first and separated by comma (,). If the author's name is only one word, it is written as the name. But in the metadata section of the online journal the author's name must be written two words with repetition of the name.
3. Provisions of Writing Manuscripts
- Manuscripts are the results of authentic research that have never been published.
- The script does not indicate plagiarism. The Editor's Board will directly reject the scripts that indicated by plagiarism.
- The submission process is free of charge. Whereas the publishing process costs IDR 20,000 per published article.
- Manuscripts that have been written in accordance with the provisions of JSI (using templates) must be submitted online using the Open Journal System (OJS) on the JSI portal.
- Template and provisions of manuscripts can be downloaded.
- Manuscripts that do not comply with the terms of writing in JSI will be returned to the author before the review process.
- Manuscripts must contain several aspects of scientific articles: (a) article title, (b) author's name (without title), (c) author's affiliation address, (d) author's e-mail, (e) abstract and keywords, (f) introduction, (g) methods, (h) results and discussion, (i) conclusions, (j) bibliography.
- Manuscripts consist of six to ten pages.
- The article submitted must be in the form of camera ready.
- Articles are written using A4 paper sizes, with 3 cm margins on all sides.
- The texts on the article uses Times New Roman font type, 11pt, single spacing and one column.
- Words that are foreign languages are italicized.
- Each picture is numbered before the title of the image below the image.
- Each table is numbered before the table title above the table.
- Every picture, table and graph is placed in the center.
4. Provisions for Manuscript Content
Title of Script: The title should be informative and clearly written. Titles may not cause different interpretations. The first letter is written in capital and symmetry. Article titles may not contain abbreviations that are not familiar. The title of the article is written a maximum of fifteen words, 14pt, and center allignment. Abstract contains a maximum of 250 words and is followed by two to five keywords.
Introduction: Introduction contains the background and urgency of research. Also included is a literature review as the basis of the latest research questions, a review of previous research that is relevant to the research conducted. At the end of the introduction the objectives of article writing are included.
Method: The method contains methods or approaches that are used, procedures, instruments, data collection techniques and data analysis techniques as well as other matters related to the research method.
Results and Discussion: Research results can be described descriptively or presented in the form of graphs, tables or diagrams. The discussion is focused on linking the data and the results of the analysis with the problems or objectives of the study.
Conclusion: Conclusions can be generalized results according to research problems, also the possibility of development for the next research. Conclusions can be paragraphs or points using numbering or bullet.
Bibliography: Bibliography only contains all the libraries cited in the manuscript. The bibliography must contain reference libraries originating from primary sources (scientific journals and about 60% of the total bibliography) published in the last ten years.
5. Provisions for citations and bibliography
All data or phrases or sentences in the manuscript that are taken from other articles must include the source. Writing bibliography uses a reference manager application to maintain the consistency of citation methods and bibliography such as Mendeley, Zotero or others. The format for citation writing and bibliography used in JSI is APA.